Tuesday 20 January 2009

Well here we are folks, yep ready and armed with black bin liners on Sunday morn nearer lunch time (wishing I was the Mary Poppins and wishing I could click my fingers and everything would go tidily into its correct place!) I stood at the door way of my much loved son's bedroom, and yes it took me 5 hours to tidy, shuffle & groan about the amount of junk he accumulated and I still didn't loose my temper!! But it was done and I was really pleased with all my hard back breaking work and dead chuffed with the layout! ( 3 bags of later - but does included sorting through the childminding paper box and art kit - stored in said room)

Then S walked in say hey cool mum and opening his drawers and doors saying hmm not bad ( not bad they were perfect!) that's when the red mist started to settle! Son was thumb tacked to bed ceiling!

When do you get rid of those toys - when you say ahh you had this when you a baby and what do you do with them? Mine placed (artfully) back on top of the wardrobe, ready for the next dusting down!

Ka decide to do her room , as I had threatened hers was next in line, I am constantly reminding her to keep putting things away and the wardrobe is not located on the floor, but is the box with those meatal hanging things in, I am pleased to say it only took an hour to do! (bad enough) and I was glad to say she kept the noble tradition of only sweeping the middle of the floor! (Mum went round the edges and explained patienltly AGAIN how you swept the side of the room) , well I live in hope more like forever hopeful

Well S is now off the ceiling and both children are under no illusions the bedroom are to kept tidy - well until the next time - I suppose! The question remains will I have the heart to not put said baby toys (artfully arranged) back on wardrobe!

The next project should be the office and paperwork - they do say lead by example - nah cup of tea and biscuit barrel sounding much better!

1 comment:

Gill said...

Right you - throw the baby toys away - failing that - give them to a charity shop, or the hospital children's ward. I know you do not intend to have anymore and you wont let the CM kids play with them...So make some space for your poor son to use and get shot of them. Don't make me come round there.

P.S thanks for yesterday 'partner!!'